Re: pg_dump potential bug -UNIQUE INDEX on PG_SHADOW Dont!! HELP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcin Kowalski
Subject Re: pg_dump potential bug -UNIQUE INDEX on PG_SHADOW Dont!! HELP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Regarding my previous post, I just successfully created a unique index on
pg_shadow. DON'T DO THIS!!!
-------
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX shadow_index ON pg_shadow (usename)
-------
I couldn't create at pg_shadow_index as the pg prefix is reserved for
system tables.

This BROKE the database. At least I can't connect anymore with a:
-------
template1=# \c statements
FATAL 1:  Index 'pg_shadow_name_index' does not exist
Previous connection kept
template1=#
-------
If I look at the error log I get :
-------
ERROR:  Illegal class name 'pg_shadow_index'
        The 'pg_' name prefix is reserved for system catalogs
ERROR:  Index 'pg_shadow_name_index' does not exist
ERROR:  SearchSysCache: recursive use of cache 23
ERROR:  SearchSysCache: recursive use of cache 23
ERROR:  SearchSysCache: recursive use of cache 23
ERROR:  SearchSysCache: recursive use of cache 23 <-- quite psql here
FATAL 1:  Index 'pg_shadow_name_index' does not exist <-- restarted again
FATAL 1:  Index 'pg_shadow_name_index' does not exist
FATAL 1:  Index 'pg_shadow_name_index' does not exist
-------

What can I do??? I've got a non-trivial amount of data that I cannot afford
to lose!! HELP!..

Regards
MArCin - Thanks