Re: ICU for global collation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: ICU for global collation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-08-21 08:56, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> postgres=# create database a template template0 collation_provider icu lc_collate 'en_US.utf8';
> CREATE DATABASE
> postgres=# \c a
> 2019-08-21 11:43:40.379 +05 [41509] FATAL:  collations with different collate and ctype values are not supported by
ICU
> FATAL:  collations with different collate and ctype values are not supported by ICU

Try

create database a template template0 collation_provider icu locale
'en_US.utf8';

which sets both lc_collate and lc_ctype.  But 'en_US.utf8' is not a
valid ICU locale name.  Perhaps use 'en' or 'en-US'.

I'm making a note that we should prevent creating a database with a
faulty locale configuration in the first place instead of failing when
we're connecting.