Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Subject Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the review!

On 10/1/22 14:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> This patch could use some more in-code comments.  For example, this
>
> +# get prefix for kerberos executables and try to find them at this path
> +sub test_krb5_paths
>
> is not helpful.  What does it "get", where does it put it, how does it
> "try", and what does it do if it fails?  What are the inputs and
> outputs of this function?
>
> +   # remove '\n' since 'krb5-config --prefix' returns path ends with
> '\n'
> +   $krb5_path =~ s/\n//g;
>
> use chomp

I updated patch regarding these comments.

I have a question about my logic:
+    elsif ($^O eq 'linux')
+    {
+        test_krb5_paths('/usr/');
+    }
  }

Before that, test could use krb5kdc, kadmin and kdb5_util from
'/usr/sbin/'; krb5_config and kinit from $PATH. However, now it will try
to use all of them from $PATH or from '/usr/sbin/' and '/usr/bin/'. Does
that cause a problem?

Ci run after fix is applied:

https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5359971746447360

Regards,