Re: More time spending with "delete pending" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> 15.11.2020 04:11, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> Your patch introduces a "loops", but doesn't use it to escape the loop.

> Indeed, this is my mistake. Please look at the corrected patch (now that
> code corresponds to the pgwin32_open() as intended).

So what you're saying (and what the buildfarm seems to confirm, since
we are still seeing "Permission denied" failures from time to time,
eg [1]) is that all that code that bed90759f added to deal with
delete-pending is just junk, because we never get that far if the
file is delete-pending.  So shouldn't we remove all of it?  (That's
lines 214-276 in win32stat.c, plus some earlier declarations that
would now be unneeded.)

I'd be kind of inclined to change pgwin32_open() to use
microsoft_native_stat, as well, because these two functions
really ought to be handling this exactly alike.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=fairywren&dt=2020-11-18%2018%3A02%3A04