Re: cutting down the TODO list thread - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 02:26:46PM -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> Here are the next couple of sections with items proposed to be moved to the
> "not worth doing" page. As before, if there are any objections, let me know.
> I'll make the move in a few days.
>
> Also, since 13 has been released, I'll change the explanation of Done items to
> "will appear in the PostgreSQL 14 release." Also, since that wasn't updated,

Yes, please do that.  I didn't go through this for PG 13 since you were
already working in this area.

> it's not immediately clear to me which release the [D] marking for "improve
> setting of visibility map bits for read-only and insert-only workloads" refers
> to. Does anyone know which commit that is?

Yes, this was fixed in PG 13 with this commit:

    commit b07642dbcd
    Author: David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org>
    Date:   Sat Mar 28 19:20:12 2020 +1300

        Trigger autovacuum based on number of INSERTs
> - Fix problems with wrong runtime encoding conversion for NLS message files
>   What problems? There is no discussion thread.

I have no idea.  I don't think I added this one since there is no URL,
or it is very old.

> - More sensible support for Unicode combining characters, normal forms
>   We have normalization as of PG13, so I propose to mark this Done rather than
> move it.

Agreed.  Also done items should be remove anyway since they were done in
PG 13.