Re: deferring/disabling unique index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: deferring/disabling unique index
Date
Re: deferring/disabling unique index
List pgsql-general
So, does it mean that the only way to disable the index is to drop and
recreate it? What about setting indisunique to false temporarily?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 10:19 AM
To: Oleg Lebedev
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] deferring/disabling unique index

Oleg Lebedev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to know if there is a way to defer or disable a unique index on

> a table during an update. One way would be to set indisunique to
> false, perform update and then set to true. But, this seems to be an
> ugly solution.
>
> I've posted a similar message 6 months ago and at that time deferring
> unique constraints was on a todo list. I wonder if this has been added

> to 7.4.1 release. If not, what is the best way to disable an index on
> a table?

It is still not done, and no one is working on it.

  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
19073

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.