Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>> On what platforms does ioctl() fail?

> On ssh for example.

That'd certainly be a showstopper if true, but it seems to be okay for
me.  ssh'ing from an xterm window, and running psql on the remote side,
I can see with gdb that ioctl(TIOCGWINSZ) succeeds and gives a result
that correctly tracks window resizes --- indeed there are several bits
of psql that I'd never have committed if they didn't work in this
environment, because it's been my everyday work environment for years.

Maybe you are used to an ancient ssh version?