Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 2023-03-11 Sa 15:47, Tom Lane wrote:
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
On Sat, 2023-03-11 at 08:31 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
It's fairly old:
$ rpm -q -a | grep icu
 libicu-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64
 libicu-devel-50.2-4.0.amzn1.x86_64
FWIW I tried ICU 50.2 (built from sources) and the root locale still
sorts lowercase first.
snapper is showing this failure too [1], which makes me wonder if it's
a locally-customizable option.

In general, I see no good reason for our regression tests to be making
assumptions about exactly how ICU's root locale behaves, so I'd suggest
just lobotomizing this test case so it doesn't depend on upper/lower
sort order.

Yeah, I think we've found enough cases in old still not dead distros to make this reasonable.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan