Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add standard collation UNICODE
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 2023-03-11 Sa 15:47, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In general, I see no good reason for our regression tests to be making
>> assumptions about exactly how ICU's root locale behaves, so I'd suggest
>> just lobotomizing this test case so it doesn't depend on upper/lower
>> sort order.

> Yeah, I think we've found enough cases in old still not dead distros to
> make this reasonable.

I see topminnow is showing the symptom too, so it's now pretty clear
that this was once a common behavior.  I dug in ICU's release notes
and couldn't find anything about it, but they must've changed something
somewhen.

            regards, tom lane