Re: A gentle plea - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: A gentle plea
Date
Re: A gentle plea
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday, February 2, 2010, Rodger Donaldson <rodger@diaspora.gen.nz> wrote:
> Greg Stark wrote:
>
> I would suggest we not try to hold any more auctions of the big blue
> stuffed elephants. Each time there are no bids and then someone steps
> in at the last moment but I don't think that will continue to happen
> indefinitely. I find the whole thing a pretty embarrassing and awkward
> experience.
>

> The are /stuffed blue elephants/?!
>
> Josh, why didn't you bring these to Wellington!
>
> /me weeps at the loss of a stuffed toy purchasing opportunity

Probably because the Americans keep saying they don't want in when we
buy them because they are fairly expensive and bulky and they don't
think they can sell them...

You're welcome to join us at one of the European conferences - we
usualy have at least some at all of them (db related conferences that
is). By be early because we always sell out quickly.

/Magnus

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/