Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 06:15, Jukka Inkeri <pg@awot.fi> wrote:

>> The native psql is written for Windows, not for Cygwin. You really
>> shouldn't be using it there... If you are using Cygwin, you should be
>> using a Cygwin psql.exe.
>>

> PG pages says: use native, not cygwin version anymore.

Yes, that is for the Windows platform. Cygwin is a different platform,
really. Perhaps we should clarify that - what page exactly are you
referring to?

> It's not problem if
> it's "windows" binary, you can use many native binary commands in cygwin,
> ex. java. psql termio is the problem. If I translate 8.4.1 using gcc, those
> binary not work also.

Right. The problem is that the cygwin terminal is not fully windows
compatible. This is why when using Cygwin, you should be using Cygwin
binaries.

> My scripts works now, after I use win binary psql with flag -f, just as I
> said in my own answer.

Glad to see you got it working.

--
 Magnus Hagander