Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jukka Inkeri
Subject Re: Problem to use remote cygwin server using ssh and native psql 8.3.5
Date
List pgsql-general

> The native psql is written for Windows, not for Cygwin. You really
> shouldn't be using it there... If you are using Cygwin, you should be
> using a Cygwin psql.exe.

PG pages says: use native, not cygwin version anymore. It's not problem
if it's "windows" binary, you can use many native binary commands in
cygwin, ex. java. psql termio is the problem. If I translate 8.4.1 using
gcc, those binary not work also.

Psql not work. It works, if you set -f - = stdin, but then you not get
command prompt and that kind of psql output.

My scripts works now, after I use win binary psql with flag -f, just as
I said in my own answer.

-jukka-