Re: Logical decoding slots can go backwards when used from SQL, docs are wrong - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: Logical decoding slots can go backwards when used from SQL, docs are wrong
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20/08/16 16:01, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 5 June 2016 at 09:54, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com
> <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thursday, March 17, 2016, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com
>     <mailto:craig@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>
>         The first patch was incorrectly created on top of failover slots
>         not HEAD. Attached patch applies on HEAD.
>

>     Lots of logical decoding work ongoing but this one shows as active
>     in the September cf and the comments by Craig indicate potential
>     relevance to 9.6.  Is this still live as-is or has it been subsumed
>     by other threads?
>

> Yes. Both those patches are still pending and should be considered for
> commit in the next CF. (Of course, I think they should just be
> committed, but I would, wouldn't I?)

I think the doc one should definitely go in and possibly be back-patched
all the way to 9.4. I didn't look at the other one.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services