Developer setup, what works? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Subject Developer setup, what works?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am thinking about a project that may change a large number of source files.
It may also take a fair amount of time, so I expect the main source tree
to get changed a fair amount during my work.

What is the best way of setting up my source tree to support mergeing my
changes later later? Or maybe another way to ask is how do I make the best
use of cvs and cvsup etc to support concurant development? Or even, what
are the active pgsql developers doing now?

Do you try to stay up to date on the patchs for you own source tree? Do you
maintain a local cvs repository? If so, how do you handle branching and
merging? Do you use "vendor branches"?

I am sure I can puzzle something out, but if you have already developed
ways of organizing this that are 'standard procedure' or that work especially
well, I would like to take advantage of them.

Thanks,

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
 - Linux. Not because it is free. Because it is better.