Re: RLS makes COPY TO process child tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RLS makes COPY TO process child tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, that should also be updated.  Perhaps you'd send an updated patch
> which includes fixing that too and maybe adds clarifying documentation
> to COPY which mentions what happens when RLS is enabled on the relation?

I couldn't find anything in copy.sgml that seemed to need adjustment.
It already says

    If row-level security is enabled for the table, the relevant SELECT
    policies will apply to COPY table TO statements.

Together with the already-mentioned

    COPY table TO copies the same rows as SELECT * FROM ONLY table.

I'd say that the behavior is very clearly specified already.  We just
need to make the code do what the docs say.  So I pushed the patch
without any docs changes.  I did add a test case, because I don't
like back-patching without something that proves that the issue is
relevant to, and corrected in, each branch.