FW: Creating DataBases on Suse LINUX Platform - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Cook, Larry ISC
Subject FW: Creating DataBases on Suse LINUX Platform
Date
List pgsql-novice
oops forgot to send this to the group... apologies.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Cook, Larry ISC
Sent: April 11, 2005 10:22 AM
To: 'brew@theMode.com'
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] Creating DataBases on Suse LINUX Platform

Hi Brew...

Thanx for responding..  I tried that already... as i figured that is how it
should
work, however, still get the same error message --> could not connect to
database template1: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres".
This really has
me baffled. Do you think upgrading to 8.1 would help? I am getting a little
frustrated
trying to get this project going and don't really want to use Oracle. Any
other
suggestions?

Thanx for your time,
Larry