Re: BUG #1467: fe_connect doesn't handle EINTR right - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1467: fe_connect doesn't handle EINTR right
Date
List pgsql-patches
AgentM <agentm@themactionfaction.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch which corrects the behavior. I verified that the
> patch does not interfere with normal operation (using psql) but
> unfortunately the code path is virtually impossible to test without a
> really slow connection to a postgresql server [which I thankfully
> don't have].

I'm still looking for some demonstration (not an unsupported assertion)
that there's an issue here.  A patch you cannot test doesn't impress
me at all --- what are the odds that it makes things worse not better?

            regards, tom lane