Re: BUG #1467: fe_connect doesn't handle EINTR right - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #1467: fe_connect doesn't handle EINTR right
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> AgentM <agentm@themactionfaction.com> writes:
> > Attached is a patch which corrects the behavior. I verified that the
> > patch does not interfere with normal operation (using psql) but
> > unfortunately the code path is virtually impossible to test without a
> > really slow connection to a postgresql server [which I thankfully
> > don't have].
>
> I'm still looking for some demonstration (not an unsupported assertion)
> that there's an issue here.  A patch you cannot test doesn't impress
> me at all --- what are the odds that it makes things worse not better?

Well, we have a documented case that we are not following the API.  In
that case, I don't consider it necessary for someone to provide a
reproducable failure (it might be quite rare and therefore hard to
demostrate).  It is enough we are not following the API and need to fix
our code.