Re: select view definition from pg_views feature request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: select view definition from pg_views feature request
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 11/5/19 6:43 AM, Michael Shapiro wrote:
>> Can I set search_path='' (ie to a string that does not match any
>> existing schema)? Would that be the proper way to guarantee that the
>> definition for any view will always be fully-qualified?

> [ example ]

If you read the documentation about search_path, you'll find out that
setting it to empty means that only the pg_catalog schema is present
in the effective search path (and maybe your pg_temp schema, if you
have created any temp tables).  So system catalog references,
references to built-in functions and operators, and temp table names
will not be qualified.  Everything else will be.

            regards, tom lane