Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Subject Re: logical replication - negative bitmapset member not allowed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 16:02:51 +0100
Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2019-10-25 17:38, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:15:46 +0200
> > Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >> Here is a script to reproduce it under version 10, 11 and 12:
> >
> > I investigated on this bug while coming back from pgconf.eu. Bellow what I
> > found so far.
>
> I have simplified your reproduction steps from the previous message to a
> test case, and I can confirm that your proposed fix addresses the issue.

Thanks for the feedback and the test case. I wonder if ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
DISABLE/ENABLE is useful in the test case?

Is it something recommended during DDL on logically replicated relation? If
yes, I suppose we should update the first point of the restriction chapter in
documentation:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/logical-replication-restrictions

Regards,