Re: bad performance on Solaris 10 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bad performance on Solaris 10
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Jignesh K. Shah" <J.K.Shah@Sun.COM> writes:
> Many times PostgreSQL has many things based on assumption that it will
> run on  Linux and it is left to Solaris to emulate that behavior.

Au contraire --- PG tries its best to be OS-agnostic.  I've personally
resisted people trying to optimize it by putting in Linux-specific
behavior.  The above sounds to me like making excuses for a poor OS.

(And yes, I will equally much resist any requests to put in Solaris-
specific behavior...)

            regards, tom lane