Re: Please help.-- unable to load xxid.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashish Karalkar
Subject Re: Please help.-- unable to load xxid.so
Date
List pgsql-general
I am using Redhat Linux 4
Now the problem is solved.I installed Postgres 8.1.5
from source code previously it was installed using rpm
on slave machine.

but then i am having one problem :
I am left with following details
I am having two machine

1)Master machine :
Redhat linux
PostgreSQL 8.1.5 -- installed using RPM
Slony 1.2.1---installed using Source code

1)Slave machine :
Redhat linux
PostgreSQL 8.1.5 -- installed using source code
Slony 1.2.1---installed using Source code.

Its running fine now. but will there be any problem in
future  as the master and slave PostgreSQL server are
installed using diffrent pacakage i.e. master with RPM
and slave with  source code?

I know this is not the solution but for time being its
working fine.

also could you please suggest me if I installed
PostgreSQL with RPM on redhat Linux then which object
was that xxid.so (failed to map segemnt from shared
object -permission denied)function was refering ?

with regards
Ashish Karalkar

--- Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ashish Karalkar wrote:
> > Thanks Chris ,
> > I ahve checked the permissions on the xxid.so file
> and
> > it ids having all permission i.e. 0777
> > I think its not getting the permission from the
> object
> > which xxid.so is refering, any idea which object
> it is
> > refering....
>
> Are you running SeLinux by any chance? That could be
> an issue..
>
> or maybe try:
>
> ldd xxid.so
>
> to see what xxid.so is trying to use.