Re: connections between servers - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Marcin Krawczyk
Subject Re: connections between servers
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

regards
mk

2008/4/3, Shane Ambler <pgsql@sheeky.biz>:
Marcin Krawczyk wrote:
Hi all. I was wondering if it's possible for a trigger to perform operations
on a database on different server? I saw somewhere that there's a piece of
software that allows conneciotns between different databases, but what about
different servers? I also thought about using perl, would it be possible to
connect to different server from within perl trigger?
Thanks in advance.

regards
mk

Yes it is possible. A PL/Perl trigger is one option you have.

dblink (in contrib) and dbi-link, dblink-tds, oralink and odbclink are other options at pgfoundry.org depending on your needs.

There was a recent discussion in the general mailing list about this.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-03/msg01343.php

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz