Re: Changes in /contrib/fulltextindex - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changes in /contrib/fulltextindex
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> + There is a new field 'word' of type BOOL in the index table.
>> Using this field, it is possible to do 'full word' and
>> 'substring' searches.

> Hehe - that was another idea I had as well.  Breaks back compatibility.

> List:  what should we do about the backward compatibility problem?

I'd be inclined to grin and bear it, if it only extends to needing to
rebuild the supporting index.  Changing the name of the function that
an application needs to call will be a much bigger pain than that, no?

            regards, tom lane