Re: backend exit mystery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: backend exit mystery
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed Loehr <ed@LoehrTech.com> writes:
> Attached is a small C program that reliably reproduces this=20
> problem on the setup above.  I added an explicit timeout to PQconnectdb()=
> to wait only 30 seconds.  I'm curious to know if anyone can easily repeat=
> the problem (careful, it will generate a bit of traffic, cpu load, and run=
> forever).  My last example run showed 17 timeouts seemingly randomly=20
> dispersed among 5000 consecutive connection attempts.=20=20

I tried to duplicate the problem, without success --- 20000 connection
attempts without failure.  Setup is HPUX 10.20 client, RHL8 server
(2.4.18-24.8.0 kernel); but it's a single-processor machine, not dual as
in your example.  I was using CVS-tip PG sources, also.

            regards, tom lane