Re: Virtual Machines and postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Virtual Machines and postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Lough wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I thought this may be of interest, not sure if it will make it
> through to the list.

Hmmm,

their claims about the performance overhead of commercial packages might
be a bit outdated. I am running Win2K, a Linux and a FreeBSD on my
Notebook ... all three in VMware 4.0 hosted on a very bare Win2K ... I
don't see much performance loss.

Jan