Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Pl/pgsql functions causing crashes in 8.2.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 2/6/07, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> STRICT IMMUTABLE fixed the crash for me so seems it was bug
>> in the module.  Although it did not happen in 8.2.1 so seems
>> some change in 8.2.2 made it trigger.

> Trigger was following patch:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-02/msg00016.php
> as function test.break_guid() assigns NULLs to gplus_ret.

So in fact the problem was that the input function was not declared
STRICT and yet failed to handle nulls... which means it was broken
as of 8.2.0, the OP just hadn't tried to throw a null at it except
in the context of plpgsql ...