Re: XactIsoLevel handling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: XactIsoLevel handling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> Why is the isLocal-parameter false? Couldn't it be true as well? It works
> as it is, since the XactIsoLevel variable is reset to default value in
> StartTransaction anyway, but it looks silly to me to define the variable
> as a session variable when in fact it acts like a local one.

Perhaps it could be true instead, but I see no point in invoking the
extra overhead of the local-variable mechanism given that this variable
is special-cased anyway.

> I bumped into this because my current 2PC doesn't allow you to set session
> variables.

Seems like the problem is right there, not with XactIsoLevel ... you
cannot seriously claim that that is an acceptable restriction.