Re: No password supplied error when using pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No password supplied error when using pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-novice
JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to run pg_dump to backup my PostgreSQL DB and I am getting a
> "fe_sendauth: no pssword supplied" error message. This is a Windows Server
> 2012 environment and I am issuing pg_dump from a command prompt.

> The command is as follows:
> pg_dump -E win1252 -f d:/respaldos/chartsclub/basedatos/CC.backup -F p -n
> chartsclub -h localhost -U postgres -w chartsclub

> The content of pgpass.conf is:
> localhost:5433:chartsclub:postgres:mypassword

Um ... 5433 is not the default port number in a standard build.
Unless you've built with that chosen as the compiled-in default,
this invocation of pg_dump will be trying to connect to port 5432,
and therefore will not use that pgpass entry.

            regards, tom lane