Advice for first attempt at web-based database app. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mike
Subject Advice for first attempt at web-based database app.
Date
List pgsql-novice
It finally happened.
I became overwhelmed managing accounts and passwords for all the users
and services used in my organization.
I've created a postgresql database:  one table, approximately 100 rows
and growing, and 6 columns.
Postgresql ver. 9.5.4. on Fedora 24.
I can do simple sql commands from the psql terminal to view, update,
and add information to the database.

I would like to continue developing the database and interact with it
via browser.
I have no experience with web development and currently do not know
any programming languages; but, I'm familiar with many sysadmin duties
and general networking.

For now, I would like to start with apache's httpd server hosted
locally on my linux workstation, but don't know what other parts and
pieces are needed to make a simple web-based database app.

I'm looking into javascript for its flexibility and brevity; but, I'm
not sure what other software I need to communicate with the database
and secure the data when I choose to make it accessible from the
internet at some point in the future.

What would you suggest to a beginner to build what I've described?

Thank you for your suggestions and advice.

Mike