Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Wild Wezyr
Subject Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
2010/1/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

> I tried the test case on Linux (Fedora 11) with locale pl_PL.utf8,
> and unsurprisingly failed to reproduce the problem.  So it's something
> specific to Windows.  Can anyone else reproduce it?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

If it is of any help: changing LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE to 'C' eliminates the
error.

But when DB is created with LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE set to
'Polish_Poland.1250' I get errors (sometimes fast, sometimes I have to wait
for several minutes).

This corellation to locale 'C' / 'Polish_Poland.1250' was tested on two
Windows Vista boxes. Elimination of polish national characters from
generated words for locale 'Polish_Poland.1250' leads to same behavior - no
errors.

  (WW)