Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Wild Wezyr <wildwezyr@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2010/1/19 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>>> What locale setting and database encoding are you using?
>
>> Here are my settings:
>
>> CREATE DATABASE spb
>>   WITH OWNER = wwspb
>>        ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>>        LC_COLLATE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
>>        LC_CTYPE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
>>        CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;
>
> I tried the test case on Linux (Fedora 11) with locale pl_PL.utf8,
> and unsurprisingly failed to reproduce the problem.  So it's something
> specific to Windows.  Can anyone else reproduce it?

I happen to have access to a Win32 virtual machine just now. CVS HEAD,
built from sources on the VM.

Seems to work fine. The test case runs for ages, I'm at about 1/3
through it, and no errors this far. I'm going to have to kill it now.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas