Re: pgsql: Improve PQtrace() output format - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Improve PQtrace() output format
Date
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> As best I can tell from these warnings, VS has the tv_sec field
> of struct timeval defined as something other than time_t.  Because
> VS would never stoop to actually complying with the plain text of
> the POSIX standard.

Ah, seems like it's really Winsock's fault:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winsock/ns-winsock-timeval

which compares unfavorably to the POSIX wording

    The <sys/time.h> header shall define the timeval structure, which
    shall include at least the following members:

    time_t         tv_sec      Seconds.
    suseconds_t    tv_usec     Microseconds.

            regards, tom lane