Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Livesay
Subject Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action
Date
List pgsql-general
The history is rather interesting. :-)

This is the first version of PostgreSQL provided by a certain very
helpful fellow, who has been making PostgreSQL binaries available for
us Mac users for years, since he upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5 (aka
Leopard). I have not yet upgraded to Leopard, due to some serious
compatibility problems it introduced, so I am testing this build for
compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 (aka Tiger). It is working
flawlessly on my Intel Mac, but I'm encountering the errors
previously mentioned on an older G4 Mac.

Since there are so many variables involved--major PostgreSQL upgrade,
major Mac OS X upgrade (yes, 10.4 -> 10.5 is a major upgrade ;-) ),
support for two different processor families--I'm just trying to
narrow down what he needs to look at, and your suggestions are very
helpful.

I hadn't tried any backslash commands, but someone else with a
similar configuration said he was seeing errors with \du and other
psql commands. I first noticed the problem when connecting to
databases in PGAdmin3. (I'm a GUI-oriented user.)

"SELECT * FROM pg_rewrite" seems to work fine.

Thank you very much for your help!