Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Livesay <dlivesay@covad.net> writes:
> This is the first version of PostgreSQL provided by a certain very
> helpful fellow, who has been making PostgreSQL binaries available for
> us Mac users for years, since he upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5 (aka
> Leopard). I have not yet upgraded to Leopard, due to some serious
> compatibility problems it introduced, so I am testing this build for
> compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 (aka Tiger). It is working
> flawlessly on my Intel Mac, but I'm encountering the errors
> previously mentioned on an older G4 Mac.

Hmm.  I'm fairly confident that PG works fine on 10.4/PPC when built
on that platform, since (a) we have a build farm member testing that
case and (b) up till about a week ago I was testing that case
reasonably regularly on my own laptop.  (Now I'm using 10.5.)
So what it sounds like to me is a tools compatibility problem.
It's odd that you'd see a problem only here and not all over the
place ... have you tried running the regression tests against this
build?

            regards, tom lane