Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Livesay
Subject Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 10, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Dave Livesay <dlivesay@covad.net> writes:
>> This is the first version of PostgreSQL provided by a certain very
>> helpful fellow, who has been making PostgreSQL binaries available for
>> us Mac users for years, since he upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5 (aka
>> Leopard). I have not yet upgraded to Leopard, due to some serious
>> compatibility problems it introduced, so I am testing this build for
>> compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 (aka Tiger). It is working
>> flawlessly on my Intel Mac, but I'm encountering the errors
>> previously mentioned on an older G4 Mac.
>
> Hmm.  I'm fairly confident that PG works fine on 10.4/PPC when built
> on that platform, since (a) we have a build farm member testing that
> case and (b) up till about a week ago I was testing that case
> reasonably regularly on my own laptop.  (Now I'm using 10.5.)
> So what it sounds like to me is a tools compatibility problem.
> It's odd that you'd see a problem only here and not all over the
> place ... have you tried running the regression tests against this
> build?
>
>             regards, tom lane

I'm sure it has something to do with the complex build environment
and getting up to speed with the new tools. If you have some
experience with the Leopard tools, maybe he could post his questions
here if he can't figure it out. Or maybe I should just figure out how
to build it.