Re: Return Single Row Result After Inserting (Stored Procedure) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yan Cheng Cheok
Subject Re: Return Single Row Result After Inserting (Stored Procedure)
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot. I solved my problem by using this.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION create_lot(text, text, text)
  RETURNS lot AS
$BODY$DECLARE
    configurationFile ALIAS FOR $1;
    operatorName ALIAS FOR $2;
    machineName ALIAS FOR $3;
    _lot lot;
BEGIN
    INSERT INTO lot(configuration_file, operator_name, machine_name)
    VALUES(configurationFile, operatorName, machineName) RETURNING  * INTO _lot;
    return _lot;
END;$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
  COST 100;
ALTER FUNCTION create_lot(text, text, text) OWNER TO postgres;

Thanks and Regards
Yan Cheng CHEOK