RE: [GENERAL] Version of a Postgres installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael J Davis
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Version of a Postgres installation
Date
List pgsql-general
from within psql:

Select version();

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Neil Burrows [SMTP:maillist@remo.demon.co.uk]
    Sent:    Saturday, May 08, 1999 5:13 AM
    To:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [GENERAL] Version of a Postgres installation

    Hi,

    How would a user find out which version of PostgreSQL they are
using?

    I've had a look thought the archives for this but the only answer I
have
    found is to check the PG_VERSION file in the data directory.  This
is all
    very well if the have postmaster privileges and can access that
directory,
    but what about a user on a shared machine?  For example someone
who's ISP
    allows them to use PostgreSQL?

    I know they could ask the system administrator but is there not a
quick and
    easy way of finding out the version number?

    Many regards,

    ---[  Neil Burrows
    E-mail: neil@pawprint.co.uk                         ** This e-mail
was  **