Re: [GENERAL] Selecting from arrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Drabble
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Selecting from arrays
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Carlos Peralta Ramirez wrote:

> Simon Drabble wrote:
>
> > results table:
> >
> >   date    loc          temperature  (int4[])
> > 12/01/98  4th & Main   {12, 14, 14, 15, 17, 19, 25, ...}
> > 12/04/98  Station 4    {12, 13, 14, 666, 18, 20, 24, ...}
> >
> > I want to select only those rows where one of the recorded temps is equal to ,
> > say, 17 , and also to select a range (rows where temp > 20, or where temp <
> > 10). I might also want to select rows where the temp could not be measured
> > (indicated by 666) at a certain period.
> >

> How you can do it ????
> You create a function or ..????
> You can send me some example, please ????
> I try to make a function, for manegement the arrays , Me right ?

I'd rather not have to code a function for something which, it seems to
me, should be part of the installation. The application is eventually
intended for several platforms all of which might be running different
DBMS's, so I'd like to know if there's a common SQL way to do this and if
so if Postgres supports it.

Simon.

--
  "When a German dwarf dances with the butcher's son.." -- Tom Waits

   Simon Drabble                      Somewhere in cyberspace
   simond@foxlink.net