Re: Patch: Crash on linux-x64 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Patch: Crash on linux-x64
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We found a bug on linux-x64 machines.
> * Select any of the catalog table/view, and then Press 'D' or 'd', it
> crashes with "segment fault" error.
>
> Our findings are:
> * We are creating Dummy Node for catalog tables/views with "Dummy", which is
> not visible. (ctl/ctlTree.cpp - line#
> * If we change the label with "xDummy" label, then pgAdminIII crashes on
> pressing 'x'.
>
> Please find the patch with solve this problem for us.

Oh - nice catch. I hadn't considered the dummy nodes!

Couple of thoughts about the patch...

We should use #ifdef __WXGTK__ not __LINUX__ as we also support *BSD
and Solaris, *but*, although the bug only occurs on Linux, should we
just use this search code on all platforms for consistency and future
enhancement?

Don't worry about submitting a new patch - I'll hack up whats there
based on what we decide.

--
Dave Page