Re: failed to install posgrest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: failed to install posgrest
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why you have a PG 8.2 data directory under /usr/local/postgresql_8.3
>> is another question entirely...
>
> OP has data directory in /base/data, /usr/local/postgresql_8.3/data is the
> default from the installer.
> Data Directory [/usr/local/postgresql_8.3/data]: /base/data

Yeah, I get that - I designed the installer to work that way, and to
check that a pre-existing data directory is of the correct catalog
version before allowing the user to proceed.

What I was getting at was why the OP appears to have an 8.2 data
directory under a directory called 'postgresql_8.3'.

--
Dave Page