Re: Standalone Windows Installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Standalone Windows Installation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just prefer to use an os with a package manager.  I cannot believe
> Microsoft hasn't bothered to at least steal one yet.

Why would they? To the extend that such functionality would be
required on WIndows, where it's far, far less common to use a myriad
of dependencies from different sources, it's handled by merge modules
and the installer, which are used to ensure consistent deployment of
dependencies, whilst keeping the installer self-contained and free of
user visible dependencies.

--
Dave Page