Re: failed to install posgrest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: failed to install posgrest
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Joshua Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Easy Dave. I was simply trying to figure out where the .bin came from,
> which in turn came with a recommendation which I stand by that no one
> should be using anything but operating supported packages (in this
> case RPM, and assuming the package is available).

Which, not all of it is, at least not from any source I'm aware of.

> I think it is also important to make a distinction that it is not
> a .Org distributed file, so "if" there is a problem we can point the
> user in the right direction to get help. Which may or may not be on
> this list.

Whether or not it's '.Org distributed' is irrelevant - I doubt you
could help with a win32 installation problem for example. What is
relevant, is the origin of the package, regardless of whether it came
from the PostgreSQL ftp site.

--
Dave Page