Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [HACKERS] macport for libpqxx
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Darren Weber
<darren.weber.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  Please find attached a draft Portfile
> for libpqxx-2.6.9 (the stable version).  It's easy to read the
> Portfile to see what is going on.  I think it should work fine, but I
> would appreciate any advice about any configure options that should be
> enabled.

There's nothing much to configure from what I can see.

> I've got a problem within macports (not specific to pg or libpqxx).
> MacPorts will not locate the pg_config.sh file during the macport
> build.  I can't just modify the $PATH env because the macport build
> ignores it.  There is an internal variable called $binpath in
> macports, but it's read-only.  I can't figure out how to get the
> macport configure process to find the right pg_config.  Any help
> appreciated.

Can you do something like:

configure    { system "cd ${workpath}/${distname}-${version} &&
${configure.env} && PATH=/foo/bar:$PATH ./configure ${configure.args}"
}

Alternatively, the libpqxx docs say you can set ${PG_CONFIG} to the
path to pg_config, so perhaps you can set that in configure.env (that
sounds like the cleanest option).

--
Dave Page