Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>
> > Richard,
> >
> > I recall that in earlier versions of the PostgreSQL windows binary
> > distribution, I had finer grained control of what modules were
> > installed. The only optional module is now PL/Java, which I don't use,
> > and things like headers and libraries. I cannot specify installing
> > Pl/PgSQL, Pl/Perl etc, or this fabled debugging module for that
> > matter.
> >

>  Hmm - I seem to remember there being a fairly long list of optional
> modules. Perhaps your download didn't unpack correctly?

If that list isn't there, then the OP is not using the pgInstaller
distro. The contrib modules are all still there on one page, and one
of them (on the bottom right if memory serves) is the debugger plugin.

Regardless of that, the files should still have been installed, so
checkout the README for details of how to setup the debugger in the
server:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/edb-debugger/server/README.pldebugger?rev=1.1

--
Dave Page