Re: PostgreSQL user documentation wiki open for business - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSQL user documentation wiki open for business
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>  > Yeah, my multi-language skills are poor, but from what I can gather
>  > they're doing a mix of 'same page in different languages' and some
>  > stuff only in a single language. I don't believe we have anything like
>  > the resources to do the former effectively, but I see no reason not to
>  > add some language specific areas.
>
>  FWIW there's a quite a bunch of people interested in translating stuff
>  but they don't know what to translate :-)  Having translatable wiki
>  material would rock.

My gut feeling is that 90% or more of the content (which I believe is
well over 100 pages already) will never be translated, so I think we
should just add sections (as I've done for French, German and Spanish)
and let folks fill them up as they like. If they do translate lots of
the existing stuff, great, if they just add their own docs thats cool
too imho.  My suspicion is though that we'll get far more authors than
translators.

If it seems like I'm wrong once things have got underway, let me know
and we can rethink how we organise things (I believe there is a
translation module for example).

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com