Re: PostgreSQL user documentation wiki open for business - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSQL user documentation wiki open for business
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum a écrit :
>
> > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:24:08 +0000 Dave Page wrote:
>  >
>  >> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>  >> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>  >>>  > I did just discuss using it for different languages with someone else
>  >>>  > - I suggested that perhaps we should add a 'language specific' set of
>  >>>  > links on the front page (which can only be edited by sysops). Would
>  >>>  > that work for you? Then you could add any German documents or
>  >>>  > resources as you saw fit.
>  >>>  >
>  >>>
>  >>>  And french ones, that would be great :)
>  >> OK, please let me know when you (anyone) wants to start work on a
>  >> language specific area and I'll add an appropriate link to the front
>  >> page. I won't do it until you're ready to start though.
>  >
>  > Go for it, i will take a look into the german section.
>  > It seems, the france section also got support;-)
>  >

>  Yes, I'll take care of the french one. I have a few links to add... just
>  need to find if I already have a PostgreSQL Community login. Don't think
>  so but I'll check now.

OK, I've added sections for German, French and Spanish.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Main_Page#Alternate_Languages

I'm not convinced 'Alternate' is the correct word as I don't think
these sections will simply contain translations of all the English
docs, so if anyone has any better ideas...

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com