Re: Triggers? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Triggers?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Jan 31, 2008 8:21 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

> However, what puzzled me is why the triggers appear in psql and
> PHPPgAdmin but not in PgAdmin (they don't show up as foreign keys under
> the "Constraints" node either).

pgAdmin will hide RI constraint triggers, but it detects foreign keys
based on the dependency information (which you use adddepends to add
to an old DB) and the triggers. Older versions of pgAdmin (ie. pgAdmin
I & II), and presumably phpPgAdmin recognise the foreign keys from the
triggers used and ignore the dependency information. In theory that
can mean misidentifying triggers as RI constraints, though in reality
that's pretty unlikely.

/D