Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> ... that said, I wonder why would we do this in the thread_test program
> rather than in configure itself.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the
> configure test to be skipped altogether (marking the result as
> thread-safe) when running under thread sanitizer, if there's a way to
> detect that?

TBH, I wonder why we don't just nuke thread_test.c altogether.
Is it still useful in 2021?  Machines that still need
--disable-thread-safety can doubtless be counted without running
out of fingers, and I think their owners can be expected to know
that they need that.