Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/pull/6472/files#diff-b8639f81e30f36c8ba29a0878f1ef4d9f1552293bc9098ebb9b429ddb1f0935f

> Here's the proposed patch.  Patches posted to the mailing list by their
> authors proposed for inclusion are considered to be under the PostgreSQL
> license, but this patch hasn't been posted by the author so let's assume
> they're not authorizing them to use it.  (Otherwise, why wouldn't they
> just post it here instead of doing the absurdly convoluted dance of a
> github PR?)

... that said, I wonder why would we do this in the thread_test program
rather than in configure itself.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the
configure test to be skipped altogether (marking the result as
thread-safe) when running under thread sanitizer, if there's a way to
detect that?

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"No me acuerdo, pero no es cierto.  No es cierto, y si fuera cierto,